Philas Stamp Auction Vendor Information
All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars
- Vendors can lot their own material, however we offer a complete service from receipt of material to paying your final settlement.
- Material is fully insured whilst in Philas care.
- More than 1500 catalogues are sent out globally to give the lots extensive exposure. Lots are also viewable on our website.
- Settlement cheques are mailed out within six weeks of the sale.
- Sale rates are high - we have an army of bidders waiting to bid on your lots!
- Vendors who self lot (describe, price, estimate, and house lots) qualify for the 15% commission rate for all sales up to AUD$2,500.
- Requires each lot to be of an initial estimated value of at least AUD$80.
- Imposes an 80% Reserve on all material lotted to protect vendors' interests.
- Permits self-lotters to set reasonable reserves.
- Will re-offer the lot a second time at a lower estimate if Philas considers the item to be saleable.
- Will arrange an appointment to negotiate terms for a sale of larger or specialised holdings.
Scale of Charges
The greater the sale price realised for that offering, the lower the rate of commission.
Sales up to AUD$1,000 - 16%
from AUD$1,001 to $2,500 - 15% (Self-lotter & Charity Rate)
from AUD$2,500 and upwards - 14%
An Administration Fee of AUD$2.00 per lot as catalogued will be charged or deducted from the proceeds, whether the lot is sold or not.
Buyers of lots do not pay GST. Charges are based on an 'offering'. The greater the sale price realised for that offering, the lower the rate of commission.
For auction enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are lotting your material yourself, please use our list of standard abbreviations .